While some rodents (like guinea pigs and gerbils) can be cute house pets, mice, rats, and squirrels are never welcome in anyone’s home. They can be frightening to see and can spread diseases. If you have an infestation, you’ll want to contact a pest control company for the safest and most effective rodent treatments. Catching one and disposing of it rarely works, because it’s likely that there are others in hiding, ready to come out.
Prevention is Vital for Rodent Treatments
At True Blue Termite and Pest Control, we stress the importance of rodent prevention to all of our customers. Here are some tips:
- Keep all trash cans and compost containers tightly sealed
- Repair leaky faucets and pipes quickly
- Don’t leave fruits and vegetables out
- Make sure that all food containers are sealed
- Don’t leave out pet food or water overnight
How Do Rodents Get Into Homes?
Small rodents can get into very tight spaces, such as:
- Cracked basement foundations
- Unscreened attic ventilation holes
- Holes around doors and windows
- Holes around appliance pipes
- Holes in screens
- Holes near cabinets
Effective Rodent Treatments
Live traps catch rodents and can either kill them on contact or hold them until they can be released. If you have a large number of rodents sharing your home, catching a few won’t solve the problem. Bait stations are another option and can be placed throughout your home. There are also natural repellants that will deter rodents, and these can be safer for families and pets.
We can investigate your rodent problem to see where they are coming from and recommend the best rodent treatments to solve the problem. We also offer free call-back services to our quarterly service customers and are state licensed and certified.